The Kidnappers of seven orphans, including a security guard at the Rachel’s Orphanage Home in Naharati, Abaji Area council, Abuja, have demanded for N30 million ransom.
Suspected kidnappers had on Saturday, at about 1:00am invaded Rachael’s Orphanage Home opposite UBE Junior Secondary School in Naharati, Abaji Area Council and abducted seven orphans, including a security guard of the home. They also abducted three others in the area.
It was gathered that the abductors of the orphans were demanding for N10 million for the seven orphans including the security guard of the home. They also demanded for N10 million each for kidnapped couples, Momoh Jimoh and his wife, Khadijat Jimoh, alongside another house wife, Rukaiyyat Salihu.
A source at the orphanage home, who preferred anonymity, who confided in our reporter, said the Kidnappers made a phone call on Sunday and Monday, in which they demanded for N10 million for the seven orphans and the security guard before they will be set free.
“Actually, they even called this afternoon and they are demanding for N10 million before they will release the seven orphans and our security guard, in which we asked them if they know that the children they Kidnapped are orphans,” he said.
He said the management had told the Kidnappers that they have no such money, saying even the feeding and clothing of the orphans are through the support of some corporate organizations and some Non Governmental Organizations (NGO).
He added “they even threatened to waste the children if we fail to raise the N10 million ransom, but we still let them know that those children have no mother and father”.
He said the management had not reached any agreement with the kidnappers, even as he said security agents has been informed of the incident.
He further disclosed that the remaining orphans at the ophanage home had been evacuated back to Abuja, which he said was based on security advise.
A relative of the Kidnapped victim, also disclosed that the Kidnappers are demanding for N10 million before the couples will be set free.
“They didn’t even allowed me to talk, as they insisted that the family should go and look for N10 million before the man and his wife will be set free,” he said.
The spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Maryam Yusuf, declined to speak on demand for ransom.